Jewelry design is an art beyond appreciation and it is made with a balance of styles, colors and shapes. At Elegant Gems on Facebook, jewelry making follows certain factors that contribute towards an exemplary work, these are:
- .Preference of design constitute the following factors
- – often intricacies of designs combining fascinating shape are preferred by women while men prefer designs that exudes strength. However there are jewelries that can be used by both sexes.
- Age factor- Those of the older generations prefers intricacies in the design, while the present generation believes in simplistic approach
- What are these jewelries: pendant, brooch, earrings, rings, necklace, bracelet, anklet and more
- Theme and the occasion – is another factor in the design. What is the jewelry for: weddings, birthdays, anniversary or just a manifestation of what the heart feels.
- Jewelry Size – Mostly jewelries which can be worn by women are smaller and thinner than those made for men. There are certain specifications in the sizes
- for the rings. 5us to 13us which equivalent to 15.7 to 22.2 mm.
- For women’s choker, the length is 16 inches, if it is meant to reach the collarbone, then it is 17-18 inches, while a string of pearls is ideally at 30inches.
- Standard necklace for men is at 18 inches at the base of the neck, For bigger men 20 inches. Standard size men can have a common length of 22 to 24 inches
- Standard bracelet sizes are 7 ¼, but for slightly bigger women 8 and for men 9 inches
- Metal used are – gold, silver and platinum. There are also alloy, bras and other metals
Though jewelries can be made of basically any material, the highly considered quality and artistic pieces are normally made out of precious metals. The lesser and less costly are the costume jewelry made mostly from less valuable metallic parts or materials. Learn more about this at Elegant Gems on Facebook.
Gold jewelries are gauge on per karat. This is the proportion of gold in the jewelry. A 24 karat is pure gold but there is no gold at 24-karat jewelry since gold is so pliable to be crafted into jewelry at that purity level. So if someone tells you his ring is a 24 karat gold, you know if it really is true.